Friends, one of the women that I most look up to in this world is Marianne Williamson, a spiritual leader in our country (but she travels all over). She is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. I am SO grateful for her presence in my life through books, lectures, TED talks, and through my relationships with other beloved people in my life who align with her teachings, which are all based on The Course in Miracles.
It is a dream of mine, a vision if you will, that I will be granted permission to include some of my most favorite quotes of hers inside the packaging of my beautiful, love filled, spirit made, chocolates:
www.lunavidaraw.com
I wrote a letter to her about this very thing:

I don't know if you personally even look at these and I don't know if you ever answer them but I just wanted to say what an amazing role you have played in my life. I was at the end of my rope when I was in my late teens, early 20's. Depressed, suicidal, completely anxiety ridden. And one night I was out late on a run and I passed by a bulletin board with a flyer for a women's therapy group. I was very familiar with the whole world of self help and therapy. I had been interested in it since I was a kid. And I often heard of the many positives of being in a group setting for therapy. But as a painfully shy child and teenager there was no WAY I wanted to consider that, until I had to. So I did. That began my 2 1/2 year relationship with that circle of women in a therapeutic group. Most of them are still in my life. My friend Terry led that group and she is who introduced me to your work. Before reading your books I was completely turned off by any semblance of a word that related to Christianity. But through your words and also the books of Paul Ferini, I opened my eyes to my relationship with God again. There were times when I would be madly desperate for some crumb of stability and consistency within myself. Some sort of calm and groundedness. Some feeling of being in my body. And I would realize I was pressed up against the glass of my being looking out instead of resting back and realizing, this whole time, I have been sitting in the palm of God's hand. Totally safe, totally supported, and totally loved. This is what your work has helped me come to understand in myself. And the journey continues.
I am writing not only to thank you (deeply) but also to ask your permission for me to use your quotes on the packaging of my raw chocolates.
https://www.facebook.com/LunaVidaRaw
I have big dreams for this project including being able to sponsor one single mother from my community per year and do something like pay for school for a year or pay for childcare for a year or somehow really help her take some steps forward into her future. That is my goal. Anyways, it would mean the world to me to be able to use your quotes on my chocolates. My chocolates are made with spirit as are your words!
~ Lisa Tenney.
Marianne Williamson
Prayers, blessings, gratitude and love!
No comments:
Post a Comment