I am learning a lot right now. Ha. That's a bit of an understatement. I amuse myself. Today I was revisiting one of my all time favorite books, LOVE by Leo Buscaglia. Ahhhhhhhhh. Breathe it in. That man was one beautiful human being. That book was one of the many that really became a life line from the past to the present for me. And here I am at the birth of dawn with my business LunaVida (so proud I am) and we are creating love notes for our chocolates. So I pulled out this lovely gem. Actually. That's not the truth. Sorry about that. Really what happened was, I went to find it and it was not where I thought it was. So I went looking for it. This book called LOVE. Yes, I thought about it too. I read into EVERYTHING. So I chuckled when I realized I was hunting around my room and my house looking for LOVE. Hee Hee. Anyhow. I did find it. In a pile of my doula and lactation consultant training info. Now I thought that was mighty appropriate actually because hey, I pour a lot of LOVE into my work. That's what it's all about, right? Exactly.
Aaaaanyhow, so the book. Leo was talking about how we have to LEARN how to love. We have to learn. Hmmmmm. Isn't that interesting. I think ages ago I would have argued this point but now at the ripe old age of 36, I have come to the space of understanding that LOVE really is active. It's one thing to have the feeling of love. It is a whole other ball o' wax to LOVE someone. Ding dong! I'm literally just getting this as I write.
Fuck I love writing. Seriously. Do yourself a favor. Write. Do the WORLD a favor!! WRITE!! WE NEED TO HEAR EACH OTHER!
Okay, I'm back. Excuse me. But seriously, you need to hear my passion. And I AM passionate!! But back to Leo. I just really am in love with this new simple space of knowing. I see SO CLEARLY now how not teaching our children about daily work and routine and how to learn and grow cripples them. Because they become these adults who expect every goddamned thing handed to them on a silver platter! I am also referring to myself so please don't think I'm sitting here getting all judgy pants on you. Yes. I said that. Yes. We expect to just fall madly deeply in love and be whisked away into everything-is-perfect-always-and-forever (boring if you ask me) land. We expect that all we need to do is find that one person who we have this INTENSE connection with and love to bits - or whatever - and that's it. Everything suddenly works out and is perfect. But it doesn't happen. For anyone....but....we keep trying to make it happen for ourselves. In reality yes, intense connection, yes. But then......even after you're enlightened you still have to do the dishes right? Right. Thanks for being so agreeable ; ) Same same. Even after you are in love you still have to be actively loving this person. It's like setting up an account where you pay for some thing monthly, say, oh, I don't know ~ chocolate! LunaVida Chocolate, why not? Yeah. So you set up this monthly subscription (stay tuned by the way) and you pay for the first month and you get your first order and you are fucking IN LOVE with this chocolate. For reals. Seriously, go get some. But the next month comes and goes and your receive no chocolates. But you signed up for the monthly subscription and you paid for the automatic monthly payments ; ) And you LOVED the chocolate! But you didn't fill your account dude. You didn't work and save up that money, that exchanged energy (what if money were love? that would be cool huh?!) So you have this account filled with hard earned money but you haven't been properly tending to your world, to your bills, to your work, to yourself really. So your account is depleted. Both physically and on all those other juicy levels. Same thing with LOVE. You must constantly invest in it. Constantly be lovingly putting deposits of energy into it. Deposits of time spent on work, on our life work your prayerful work. And then you have plenty to give back too. Not to mention some super delectable, lovingly made, wonderfully healthy, chocolate delivered to your door monthly ( or more should you choose ~ options are nice, huh? ).
So yeah. There ya have it. I am learning a lot right now. Gladly. I get it. Okay, cool. My parents really truly did do me a huge fucking disservice by allowing me to go numb in front of the tv day in and day out. I'm not mad. I know. I swear a lot. But I'm just passionate because I am a parent now and smack dab in the middle of raising two incredible daughters and it is TOUGH!!! But so gaddamned good too. Fuck we are blessed. All of us. We are ALL blessed. We just need to break the ice around our hearts that come in the form of, "oh I'm too cool for that" or whatever our individual resistances sound like, and just fucking melt into love for humanity and one another. I am not talking about sex folks. Sex is sacred. So is love for one another and self. Sacred. It's time we pull our heads out of our video games and whatevers and just speak the truth from our hearts to one another. Yeah. Scary. This is the point where people get really squirmy. Fuck that. The time is NOW people. Speak. Your. Truth. That does not mean spew your blaming perspectives. No. That means "I feel......." That means self responsible language. Don't know what it is? Look it up! This is an AMAZINGLY resourceful time! We owe it to ourselves, our loved ones, our anscestors, our everyone to educate ourselves on all levels and learn how to step into love.
Let's pull ourselves out of plugged in land a little folks? I mean some of it is good and helpful right? It's incredible for networking. It's amazing for educating yourself and connecting with people. I could go on and on. And that is why we probably so easily slip into a relationship of mind numbing addiction with it. Close your computer love. Do us all a favor. Do yourself a goddammed favor. Do your LOVE and your LIFE a goddammed favor! Turn off your fucking phone for a while. Develop a goddammed schedule. That's what I'm gonna do. There are literally going to be times when I am not available. I know. I have kids. I'm gonna have to figure that one out and in this day and age with all the intense technology happening. There has to be a way to make that happen. I love them so much. Anyhow, my point is, if you are using technology, use it wisely. Use it respectfully. Use it lovingly. Use it usefully ; ). Use it though. Use it for what it has to offer for connection and healing and expanding love in this world. Use it. And love more. Amen. MUAH!
No comments:
Post a Comment