Monday, September 13, 2010

The nagging dull pain on my right side

The last few days my nausea has really eased up. It was very bad for a couple of weeks. I have noticed my symptoms worsen with stress (I know, big shocker). Also, I hate to say it but yesterday my symptoms also worsened when I ran. I'm not going to not run folks. It's just not happening. I would go insane if I gave up running. I went on a two hour walk today. Not the same! I do yoga twice a week- love it but- not the same! There is nothing like running!

So the nausea is there but not incapacitating right now. And I feel like there is this big object under my ribs on my right side that expands up to my right shoulder and down to my lower right ribs and mid back. It feels inflamed and kind of mad and achy.

I know, I know, many many people have their gallbladder removed in a "non-invasive" manner every day! And they are "fine"! Well, come on now! What does "fine" mean? Really!! What is going on inside someones body when they have their gallbladder removed? My doctor is so convinced I have this "gallbladder disease" that he doesn't even want to order an ultrasound. Well of course I am not having an organ removed from my body without having some sort of concrete confirmation of what is really going on!

I picked up a book on natural and Chinese medicine today. It talks about liver stagnation (which was my original diagnosis from the acupuncturist) and how it is caused by STRESS, including emotional stress (did I mention I have ocd and ptsd?), or drugs, toxins and overeating. I am thinking the first applies to me. When liver stagnation goes untreated it leads to gallbladder issues. Hello! So I have my gallbladder removed and then what? What comes of these issues? It manifests somewhere else in some other way? Meanwhile I develop what one doctor refers to as a "fatty liver"? No. That's not my style.

Tell me what "gallbladder disease" means!

I have to come up with a plan. I am swimming in information overload right now. It is too easy to let my eyes glaze over and simply nod and smile while the doctor schedules my surgery. Then on with life, right! Right? Or..... do I develop some other shitty disease like.... CANCER 20 years down the road because bile is dripping somewhere it shouldn't??

Answers! I want answers! Don't tell me you know someone that had an organ from their body removed and they are "fine"! We are a system people! If you removed one part of the system-- things are gonna change! And we don't really know how! Obviously if I was told I had a cancerous tumor in my body I would go under the knife! But this is SO much more unclear to me.

I checked with my insurance today. They do cover the group of surgeons I was referred to. I AM going to meet with one of them. I AM going to have an ultrasound and see what they have to say. And then I AM going to start a cleanse and acupuncture and more massage and Reiki and and and....

No comments:

Post a Comment