I have been eating 100% raw vegan foods for four months now. When I first started I experienced what I have always felt during the first few days of only eating raw: euphoria. After about day 3 other things started settling in. This is usually when I would fall off the wagon. But this time, I trudged on. I found oodles of other raw foodists on line, started a local raw food support group and got down and dirty with some awesome new recipes. The more raw foods I prepared, the less I stuck to the recipes. I have been lucky to have "gone raw" at the same time two yummy raw foods restaurants opened in my town of Bellingham. This has sure made eating out a lot easier! But the biggest thing that has helped me stick to eating raw is, my energy levels came back up. During even the first week of eating this way I noticed I no longer felt that I had a lack of life force energy. It was back. It was easier to move through my day, get out of bed, stay up right, enjoy my exercise routine, and stay present. The discomfort on my right side though, continued, as well as other obscure symptoms.
There was one night when living in Mt Vernon I was putting my daughters to bed and reading a book with a book light as they fell asleep. I noticed I was having difficulty seeing the words. It got progressivly worse until I simply couldn't read. I got up to tell Megan and when I stood in front of her I couldn't see all of her face. Parts of it were blotted out by large spots in my field of vision. Needless to say this really freaked me out! I spoke with two intuitive and psychic friends that night, desperate for support and advice. This is when Boston told me to lay off the coconut milk and reminded me about the cystytis diet. I promptly obeyed. But about 4 months later- well into my raw foods journey- it happened again. This time I also noticed not only could I not see all the letters in the words, I also wasn't comprehending the words I was able to see.
As glad as I was that some of my symptoms were aleviated, I was still experiencing a number of other odd and concerning symptoms, the worst being the discomfort and pain on my right side that would refer to my right shoulder at times. This was making me question my health and my physical strength for the first time ever. Although I thought the allopathic physician I saw was full of it when she suggested I see a PT, I did finally make an appointment with a chiropractor wondering if some of my discomfort on my right side wasn't in fact muscular. Could this have lead to impaired organ function?? Can that happen? Or is my impaired organ function causing this much referral pain?
No comments:
Post a Comment